Duty of care is a complicated matter to address as COVID-19 still presents risks to workforces that travel internationally. Businesses of all kinds have a moral and legal responsibility to ensure that their employees are protected and can perform their duties without any complications. Today, even fully vaccinated travelers run the risk of contracting COVID or can be challenged by sudden travel restrictions that arise in a matter of minutes.
For the travel manager or business leader who wants to ensure their workforce’s safety, use these tips to allow your employees to focus on work rather than the complications of COVID-19.
- Draft a policy that requires employees to book business travel through an approved travel provider.
- Install the CAP app on all company-issued phones to access the one-touch emergency assistance button and 24/7 unlimited live assistance.
- Have your policy include CAP COVID-19 benefits that addresses hospital-to-hospital transfers and mandatory quarantine expenses as they happen.
- Every duty of care policy should outline the risks associated with business travel during the COVID pandemic.
- Ensure to detail in your policy that the company is obligated to report any changes to the risks associated with business travel, including emerging restrictions or border closures due to COVID-19.
- Clearly outline the implementation of a travel tracking system to ensure their ongoing safety.
- Inform employees how they are required to communicate with travel managers using an international travel communication protocol.
- Ensure your policy includes details regarding your employees’ right to “refuse work.”
- Make it clear that the employer will know details of their location at all times and can immediately locate employees through CAP’s travel tracking technology.
- Employees must sign the policy reflecting that they have read and understood the travel policies and procedures.
FocusPoint International’s CAP Travel Medical and Security Assistance Plan comes with a robust mobile app that includes destination-based health, safety, and security intelligence, COVID-19 specific information, a one-touch assistance button, and much, much more.
The CAP Plan includes unlimited 24/7 advice for a long list of travel mishaps often overlooked by traditional travel insurance, including COVID quarantine cost coverage. It also provides a fully-funded response to incidents of riots, strikes, and civil commotion, natural disasters, with medical evacuation to a home hospital of choice, should your staff suffer from a medical mishap resulting in hospitalization.
FocusPoint International (FocusPoint) is a global assistance company that delivers an integrated suite of health, security and incident response services through information, technology, and people. FocusPoint is in the business of identifying and illuminating possible threats, mitigating risks, and responding to crises events impacting people and organizations engaged in global business and leisure travel.
FocusPoint is set to revolutionize safe business travel for tens of thousands of workers that must travel internationally for work. Contact us today and address your duty of care obligations that have been complicated by COVID-19.