What to do Before, During, and After a Typhoon
October 25, 2021
Before a Typhoon:
During a Typhoon:
- Have a disaster plan
- Board up windows
- Know where all the evacuation routes are
- Prepare a disaster supply kit for your home and car
- Have enough food and water for at least three days, including a first aid kit
- Have some cash handy - banks and ATMs may be temporarily closed
- Make sure your car is filled with gasoline
After a Typhoon:
- Stay away from low-lying and flood-prone areas
- Leave mobile homes and go to a shelter
- If your home isn’t on higher ground, go to a shelter
Traveling Soon? Worried about Typhoons and Other Natural Disasters? Buy the CAP Travel Assistance Plan Online and Travel Fearlessly Worldwide
- Check for injured or trapped people without putting yourself in danger
- Watch out for flooding, which can happen after a typhoon
- Do not attempt to drive in flooding water
- Stay away from standing water - it may be electrically charged from underground or downed power lines
- Don’t drink tap water until officials say it’s safe to do so
When there’s a typhoon, finding hotels and transportation for evacuations is near impossible, not to mention there are typically gas, food, and water supply shortages. With CAP Travel Assistance we can get you home or out of harms way, fast.
CAP travel medical and security protection provides access to one-touch, 24/7 emergency assistance to get you to safety – fast. CAP provides support before, during, and after a natural disaster. From emergency support to give you advice to help with emergency relocation or evacuation, we’re there to help – even if we have to send a crisis response team in to rescue you.
CAP is incredibly affordable, with our flat fee plans, you never pay more then little over a dollar a day for an annual plan. Our short-term plans are also a great price for vacation and business trips.
CAP also provides access to the CAP Advantage App, which delivers valuable, real-time travel risk intelligence and weather alerts to help you get out of harm's way and avoid natural disasters.
Don’t wait, get a free quote instantly for your next trip and travel fearlessly with CAP.