Travel Assistance Versus Travel Insurance - Facts You May Not Know
August 2, 2022
Travel assistance is a new evolution in safe international travel that works to address many of the exemptions and complications tied to travel insurance. Vacationers have been purchasing travel insurance for years without closely reading their policies, potentially leaving them with costly bills that could be life-changing.
But with the right information, tourists can make informed decisions regarding their safe movements across the world. Consider exploring both travel insurance and travel assistance that can work in tandem with one another, addressing many of the gaps found in the fine print of traditional travel insurance policies. Your extra care can offer peace of mind and save you from paying for an incredibly expensive flight back home.
Find out How CAP Travel Assistance Compares to Travel insurance
Travel Assistance and What Travelers Should Know About Travel Insurance
Here’s a list that outlines the specific differences between travel insurance and travel assistance.
Coverage Versus Exemptions
Is Travel Assistance Too Good to Be True?
- Have you ever read the fine print of your travel insurance policy? The number of exemptions can be dizzying and leave you to pay out of pocket to address a long list of travel mishaps. Learn about the importance of understanding the most common travel insurance coverage versus exemptions that are included in the fine print of policies.
Travel Insurance Benefits You Will Never Use
- Is Travel Assistance Too Good to Be True? Absolutely not! Travel assistance is an important evolution of safe international travel, offering peace of mind and filling in the gaps of traditional travel insurance. Fully-funded assistance is a game-changer for many, and for one small affordable cost, travelers can leverage benefits without any claims process.
“What Do Mean You Won’t Fly Me Home?”
- Many travel insurance policies include a number of benefits that may appear to add value, but in reality, many consumers end up paying for travel insurance benefits they may never use. Learn how you can explore products that address the risks of traditional travel insurance and only pay for what you need.
When Travel Insurance Has Let Customers Down
- “What Do Mean You Won’t Fly Me Home?” It’s a terrible experience for those who are hospitalized during international travel to be informed that their policy doesn’t cover a flight home. The truth is that travel insurance policies don’t pay for the costs of emergency medical transportation back home, and travelers are left with enormous, potentially life-changing fees.
You Never Thought It Would Happen to You
CAP Travel Assistance Offered by FocusPoint International
- There are many unfortunate circumstances when everyday travelers have had their travel insurance policies voided altogether or are faced with an unexpected bill. When travel insurance has let customers down, local news agencies often report on these complications, highlighting the financial troubles that their travel insurance policies have placed them in. Avoid these costly issues and ensure you are protected from life-changing costs that most could never afford.
The team at FocusPoint has worked diligently to create a product that addresses many of the gaps in traditional travel insurance policies. CAP Travel Assistance Plans are an incredible tool that can be used to save you hundreds of thousands of dollars should you need an air ambulance
or are faced with a complex travel mishap. Travel the world fearlessly with travel assistance plans that step in when travel insurance policies are not enough.
FocusPoint International’s CAP Travel Medical and Security Assistance Plan
comes with a robust CAP Advantage mobile app
that includes destination-based health, safety, and security intelligence, COVID-19-specific information, a one-touch assistance button, and much more.
The CAP Plan offers unlimited 24/7 advice for a long list of travel mishaps often overlooked by traditional travel insurance, including COVID quarantine cost coverage
. It also provides a fully-funded response to incidents of riots, strikes, civil commotion, and natural disasters, with medical evacuation to a home hospital of choice, should you suffer from a medical mishap resulting in hospitalization.
Get a quote for CAP Travel Assistance
or contact FocusPoint International
directly to learn more about the solutions we offer.